The Wamego Public Library is governed by a Library Board of Trustees appointed by the Mayor of the City of Wamego and approved by the City Council. The Board consists of seven members who act cooperatively to oversee Library operations, finances, polices, and continuing development of the library. Board members serve four-year terms and must reside within city limits.
Library Board meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month at 6:00 pm at the library. You are invited to attend.
|Eric Benson – Chair & NCKL Rep||Rob Campanella – Vice Chair||Bridget Darey – Trustee|
|Colleen Morris – Secretary||
Jamie Balderson – Treasurer
|Roshelle Moore – Trustee|
LIBRARY BOARD OPENING: The City of Wamego is accepting applications from persons interested in serving a four-year term on the Wamego Library Board through April 30, 2017. The Wamego Library Board of Trustees is seeking an energetic library enthusiast to fill a vacancy on the Library Board. This position requires residency within the Wamego city limits.
The Board consists of seven members who act cooperatively to oversee Library operations, finances, polices, and continuing development of the library. Board members should have the following qualities:
- Imagination, dedication and vision
- Understanding of the community, its needs and resources
- Knowledge of the community’s leaders and organizations
- Interest in the library, its service, and capacity for growth and improvement
- Ability to devote time and effort to board meetings and activities
- Ability to work cooperatively with other board members
- Enthusiasm for carrying out new programs, including securing new funding sources for the library
For more information, contact Leah Kulikowski at the Wamego Public Library at (785) 456-9181. Applications are available at both the City Office and the Wamego Public Library. Completed applications should be submitted to the Wamego City Office.